2016







It's 2016, a new year......

I was trying to decide if I should post anything about my expectations, my goals, my hopes in the new year.   I was really leaning towards not doing it.

It's embarrassing.

I start out with so much hope, promise, and determination, only to let myself down. 

I hate that. 

And what is this blog anyways, I can't decide.  I don't really know what my purpose is.

And because of that it is hard to make goals.

But then I found that quote and I felt encouraged.

So I decided to continue on.......

There is one thing that is different. 

I am attempting to not be so gung-ho, guns a blazing, full monty about everything. 

The struggle is real. 

So for example, whenever I get on a workout kick, I don't slowly begin to do so.  I start  week 1, working out 5 days a week, strength training 3 days a week, and stretching daily.  When I don't keep this up, I get disgusted and things go bad quickly.  My goal now is to slowly add workouts to my life, allowing myself to create to new habits naturally. What a concept, huh?  My goal has also changed from losing weight, to just being my healthiest self. 

I started this year out by not signing up for every photography class I could find, and not putting every creative idea I had into practice. On days that I struggle with letting life get in the way of creativity, I am attempting to try things in blocks of time.  So one hour for cleaning, one hour for reading, one hour for messing around, and one hour for painting etc. I have liked it so far. 

I plan to attempt to designate days to certain tasks, Monday photography, Tuesdays blogging, Wednesday art, Thursday lettering. Of course I can take photos when ever I want to, but designating a day might help me to follow through with projects, regrouping, social media, and or just making time to jump into something bigger. 

Several things that I read have said how important it is to share your practice, your work, your art on your blog or other social media.  I guess.......I'm gonna give that a try. It is very uncomfortable for me, but then I think why should it be? 

It is what it is.

C

















Comments

  1. I feel a bit the same and am yet to find my stride for 2016. I don't quite know what my blog is for me and haven't posted in some time. Haven't picked up my camera much and feel bad about it. But the most important thing is I think is that we don't put too much pressure on ourselves. I like how you have broken up your days and designated an interest to a day. I hope you have a wonderful 2016.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @FourCalders, I agree, it is key not to put that pressure on ourselves, now, how do we go about doing that? My photo mojo has been lost for the past few years, not sure why. I definitely overwhelm myself wanting to do everything. I hope your 2016 is amazing as well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts