D.I.Y painted t-shirt

on 22.10.11

Have you seen the fabulous things you can do with those bleach pens?  I saw a tutorial and wanted to give it a try.......but it was an epic fail.  Some how the t-shirt I chose was bleach proof, never knew there was such a thing. I painted on the bleach and waited, and waited and waited, 30 minutes later, and there wasn't a mark on it. weird. still weird. I was so bummed and then it came to me.  I had purchased these paint pens for another project, hmmmmm. What did I have to lose?  I looked them up online to see if they would work and it listed fabric as one of the items it could be used for.  So instead of using bleach, I used a white painters pen, and it worked!  What I was most happy about is it didn't leave a thick crusty design all though it probably could if you wanted it to. So below are the steps I took. Sorry the pictures aren't very good, they were an after thought.
Next time I shall do better!



This is the painters pen I used.



1. Spread the t-shirt out, and place a protective layer between the front and the back.  I used packing paper.





2. I then free handed my design.  This is actually the photo I took when I used the bleach pen.  The paint pen went on equally as well, only it didn't sit on top of the fabric like the bleach did.







and the final product.............












I dig it!




3 comments

This looks great Christina. I love the design you drew, too. Good job as always.

by tanya on 22.10.11. #

Looks ace!!!

by Steph Bond Hutkin (Bondville) on 28.10.11. #

Great job. Thanks for the inspiration!

by Jane Eyre on 20.5.17. #

Leave your comment