Taking Stock :: January



Feeling proud of myself for the month of January. Now that the demands on my time have changed, I have been able to stay focused, and therefore be successful at sticking to something. Excited to see it continue!



Making :  candles

Organized : my kitchen

Sketching : hand lettering

Cooking : Salmon and broccoli for health and lots of 

               it

Drinking : lemon water and green tea even though it

               tastes terrible!

Reading: 8 Weeks to Optimal Health, 

              52 Small Changes

Wanting: everything to be organized NOW!

Looking: forward to the future


Health : focused on getting back into the habit of 
             taking a multivitamin
 
Playing: Jeopardy on tv with my husband, it is my all

             time favorite, and we believe we are 
             keeping Alzheimers at bay doing so.

Deciding: to jump in slowly and be kind to myself


Wishing: for some mum time with my son


Blogging: more frequently

Enjoying: time practicing hand lettering


Waiting: for God to do what only He can do


Liking: the many free things you can learn on the 
           internet

Participating: in finding color, and mindful moments

Wondering: why you do all the right things, and it 

                  still doesn't turn out the way you had
                  hoped
Loving: this new season in life

Considering: going on a summer trip to meet up 

                   with my photography tribe

Watching: the new X-Files


Hoping: this trial will not last long


Needing: more time with God


Growing: french lavender in my kitchen

Smelling: citrus essential oils


Wearing: lots of plaid, still


Following: Dr. Weils supplement plan


Knowing: that God is in control


Pondering : what the purpose of my blog is

Thinking: that we live in the times the Bible speaks of

              when it says what is right will be wrong
              and what is wrong will be right 

Admiring: Rand Paul


Sorting: through life and that which gathers


Buying: art supplies and all glass storage containers


Getting: stronger, and more flexible as I did a month 

             of push ups and continuing to stretch 

Bookmarking: a lot of hand lettering freebies and 

                     tutorials, here is a great one 
                                            Dawn Nicole

Disliking: when people jump on political bandwagons

              without counting the cost

Opening: the written word more often


Learning: spanish, hand lettering, and more than
               I ever wanted to know about my 
               thyroid

Giggling: at this video 3 year old Mateo


Feeling: a lot of emotional ups and downs


Snacking: on too much cheese, still.


Excited : for a friend who had a life breakthrough!

Goal : get back to adding photos to Flickr
              

Listening: to this version of Jolene by Miley Cyrus 
               who my momma heart aches for.  She did 
               an amazing job on this song.

Bible Study : Philippians

Memorizing : The Sermon on the Mount, here is 
                    what I have so far if you might like to 
                    join.

Matthew 5:1-5 
Seeing the crowds, he went up on the mountain, and when he sat down, his disciples came to him.  And he opened his mouth and taught them saying.
Blessed are the poor in spirit for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 
Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.  
Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.


Comments

  1. I couldn't stop taking stock. Never believe when I say that I quit something. I love to read your stock but I'm worried about that trail part? I really wish you lived next door. I would so be willing to participate in so many of the fun things you do. Love you my friend. I wish I could do that meet up but with DC in March and not having enough vacation days....or money it just can't happen again this year. I have to hope for another gathering in 2017. Love your friend Tracie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate to so many things in this post, but one that stood out is time with your son. I feel that my boy misses out sometimes because of my girl's big personality. He just quietly stands in the shadows. I would love more one on one time with my son. Loved your taking stock. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts