February's project

I had high hopes for this month.  I started out  "taking stock" for January, and then I was going to post my project for February.  I did get started, but I didn't finish well.  However rather than just starting again in March, I am forcing myself to follow through even at this late date.

My project for this month was to capture here and there bits of my home.  I wanted to use photography to appreciate the details, as well as document them. I also do not have the best light, so that will bring a challenge.  The good news is that I started taking photos right away, so I am not behind on that.  It's unfortunate, in the winter we get beautiful afternoon sun filtering through the windows, but in the summer the sun is directly overhead so we get nothing for setting light.  I did a film project for light this past summer, and I was never able to capture the beautiful light inside my place.  So now is the time for me to enjoy doing that!



There are two kinds of light - the glow that illumines, and the glare that obscures.  ~James Thurber

This is a glimpse of my art room.  I am trying to get it organized and finding the challenge quite daunting.  I love the galvanized boards on the wall, you can write on them or use magnets. 

Comments

Popular Posts