Our Mindful Eye





Word.....need I say more.

Working on my creative self, and I continue to surprise myself that I do not take this into prayer very often.  I guess it's a little like taking care of others before you take care of yourself.  It kind of blows my mind that I do that.  That will be one of my changes.  God made me creative, God has a plan and a purpose. I need to give it to Him to tell me what I am to do. That gives me so much comfort. I keep thinking who would I be, what would I do, if I actually lived up to the ability and potential that God has given me.  It reminds me of the children's song This Little Light of Mine.  It goes like this, this little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine, (repeat, repeat, repeat).  Hide it under a bushel, NO, I'm gonna let it shine, (repeat, repeat, repeat) and so on and so on.  Our light can be many things to point us to Christ. My creativity is part of my light, and right now I AM hiding it under a bushel. In doing so I make it be about me, and not my Creator. When I am afraid of being (insert word), I am not living under God's power, but my own. 

I need to work on this. 

I have lots of creative friends online, but I wish that I had some right here in my own little town. 

I am going to pray. 

Father,
I come before you thankful for the gifts you have given me. I ask forgiveness for squandering these gifts, and for trying to do things in my own strength and not yours.  Please help me to embrace the creative person you have made me, to trust the results to you, and to apply my faith daily to this forgotten area of my life. I want to pray over my friend Tracie as well.  We tend to suffer from some of the same issues concerning ourselves.  May you reveal to both of us the way that YOU see us, and may that be enough. Whatever needs that Tracie has in her walk with you, in her creative life, and in shining her light, Lord, may you meet those needs, and may you bless her efforts. Thank you so much for having our paths cross, and blessing us with this friendship.  Father, I thank you for caring about these details in our life, and I thank you in advance for what you will do.  I ask that YOUR will be done. 
Amen

If you want to check out Tracie's awesome talent, swing by her blog



Comments

Popular Posts