day 8 ~ keeping it simple

I am a little late, ok, really late getting this out today.  Our prompt today was to keep it simple and find the light.  With photography it is all about the light, and many of us define out style by the light we use.  When you find that beautiful perfect light, it is amazing!  A couple of weekends ago, I met several beautiful, creative women for the first time in the flesh that I had taken a year long online workshop with.  We met up in Oregon, which was my first time there.  The weather was grey, cloudy, misty, foggy, and down right beautiful!  Natures perfect filter. Of course when the sun peeked through the clouds that evening, we were so excited, at the urging of one of our co-consirpitors, we ran to the beach to take some beautiful reflecting shadow shots.  It's always about the light! 
While I was in Oregon, one of the things that blew me away was their signs of autumn.  There was beautiful Oak trees, with leaves littered everywhere you walked.  I was in heaven.  Here were all these leaves, that I would pay good money online for, scattered everywhere.  I was picking them up left and right.  I came home with a suitcase full of leaves. Wonder what the airport security checkers were thinking?  

So for this prompt, I used some of those beautiful leaves, and one of my little antique bottles to showcase and contrast the light.  I took photos on my window sill in the early evening light, I also took photos on my dinning room table that was about 3 feet from the window. 

......I see

the turning of a leaf
dancing in an autumn sun,
and brilliant shades of crimson
glowing when a day is done...
~Hazelmarie "Mattie" Elliott












I was already on Tracie West's blog to see the prompt through her eyes, and it is as you would expect, so be sure and check it out!   She always has a way with words, and everything she does always has a personal touch.  She is very gifted that girl!


Comments

  1. Anonymous29.10.14

    you have the gifts! I suppose we both do in very different ways. Our styles are so different and I'm so attracted to yours. You sneaky little devil collecting leaves. I brought home a few feathers and rocks;) Beautiful work as always friend. Just gorgeous. Did you use processing after the fact? I could learn so much from you. Thank you for sharing the bits of knowledge over our weekend away. I added a few apps because of you. Now I just need to really figure out how to use them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts