simplicity


 “Simplicity involves unburdening your life, and living more lightly with fewer distractions that interfere with a high quality life, as defined uniquely by each individual.” ~1947. Linda Breen Pierce.





Much like the quote, i am in need of feeling lighter, unburdened, more free. i need to purge.  i am at that place in my life where it is time.  i am in the process of doing what i was not able to do in the past seasons of my life.  i can't help but feel regret for having not done it sooner, or kept myself from having to do it at all.  The fact is, it wasn't who i was then, but it is who i am now.  My kids have grown, and my life is changing.  i need simplicity. i don't know what the future holds, or what God has planned for me, though i see snippets.  i am excited. i am ready. 

i am not a minimalist purist. i just want to live more simpler.  Actually, i have always wanted that, but life has provided many conflicts.  i have been told i am living in the wrong era, i need to go back to the days of Little House on the Prairie. The problem with that is i do love technology.  It is a love hate relationship, i love technology, but i hate what it does to people.   Anyways, all this to say that i will be sharing or attempting to share this adventure i am on.    

Comments

  1. Anonymous30.3.15

    I'm excited to see how this works for you and what you will show us. I think it sounds like a good plan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel so much the same. Good luck and I think this will be so very good. Oh and PS: Loved Little House on the Prairie. I wanted to be Laura Ingles so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both! We have already cleared out so much stuff, and it feels like a huge burden has been lifted. It is overwhelming, but feels incredible! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts