Autumn textures

When autumn comes around I think of textures like tree bark, leaves, wool blankets, nubby throws, pumpkins, pine cones, wood and rust. I went through my pinterest to put together a mood board of beautiful autumn textures.  They instantly make me giddy for autumn! The weird thing is I am not a fan of warm colors, not in my wardrobe, not in my garden, not in my home. I am a cool color person.  But autumn completely changes that for me.  I LOVE all the warmth, the bright oranges, the dirty yellows, the crimson reds, and even the crispy browns!  It is a beautiful site indeed, God's kaleidoscope of colors never ceases to delight!


The human soul is slow to discover the real excellence of things given to us by a bountiful Creator, and not until the shadows of death begin to gather around the object that we love, do we see its worth and beauty. Autumn is the dim shadow that clusters about the sweet, precious things that God has created in the realm of nature. While it robs them of life, it tears away the veil and reveals the golden gem of beauty and sweetness. Beauty lurks in all the dim old aisles of nature,and we discover it at last. ~Northern Advocate

   1. leaves      2. tartan blankets      3. rust
 4. brown blankets      5. fallen leaves      6. hydrangea    
7. yarn      8. lichen      9. rust

          10. cozy blankets      11. chipped rust      12. water droplets




Comments

Popular Posts