Nancy Mulligan

Have you ever listened to a song for the first time, and you are just in love immediately?  I love when that happens, when it just grabs your attention.  I heard this song a couple of weeks ago, and it did just that.  The song is Nancy Mulligan by Ed Sheeran. He has some catchy songs, but most of them are a little too R&B/pop for me. When I heard this song, I was so hoping there was more where it came from.  I am Irish and just seem to be drawn to that Irish folksy sound. Anyways, not only is it catchy, but it is such a sweet love song about his grandparents.  I have been listening to it on repeat now for days!  In one article Ed said, " he hopes the Irish folk sound doesn't turn off his fans".  Wait, what......no Ed, I may not be part of your regular fan base, but I would be if he had more of this! There isn't an official video for the song, so I found this one that includes the lyrics. Let me know what you think. 

Comments

Popular Posts