Our Mindful Eye

Tracie West and I are back on the project wagon, I'm so excited!  We both have felt like we need to get back to picking up our DSLR's and taking some photos.  For me, my absence has been for two main reasons.  First, last year I became a nana for the first and second time.  I have since taken on watching them both during the week.  Given their ages, it means there is no time for much creative play unless I am very intentional.  The other reason is because of my camera.  I got a new camera about 4 years ago, but I have done very little with it.  I did get the nifty fifty for it, and was so excited as I love shallow depth of field.  The lens came with lots of positive feedback especially for it's small price tag!  However I have had a heck of a time with the sharpness, it's just not that great. I did some research, and learned I needed to calibrate it, so I attempted that.  Then I tried a few other things as well, but saw very little difference. I have felt very frustrated, and so I haven't done a whole lot with it.  As it turns out, Tracie purchased the same lens, and has had a similar experience. When I heard Tracie was feeling the same about wanting to play with her DSLR more, I asked if she wanted to do some kind of project together, and she said sure.  It isn't anything major, we just want that extra motivation to just do it! So we will try to post a picture on Sunday that we took sometime during the week.  There are no themes, or rules other than we took the photo with our DSLR, of course unless we decide to change it up from time to time. If you are in a rut as well, or just want some extra motivation, feel free to join us! Be sure and check out what Tracie West posted.

The photo I took was of a portion of my camera collection.  I have some super fun antique camera's, and then a few that are novelty such as the Holga.  I think my favorites are my polaroids.  The focus in the photo hits my Canon SLR camera. I thought I would start by symbolizing that I was dusting off the camera to get snapping!



The first requirement in taking a step in the right direction is to take a step in some direction. 
~Robert Brault


Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what I say! WELL DONE. I think it's rather funny that both our word content is very similar and I'm happy you asked me to join you and I'm happy you extended the invite to others and I'm proud of us that we actually posted on the day we said we would. So far so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just read Tracie's post too. I love the little projects you both do. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathie, you should join us!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts