Our Mindful Eye

Who out there doesn't still have their records from the pre cd days? I remember going to Sioux Falls for a punk gig that was played at a pig roast in about 1988/89.  The next day we went to the record store, and we were checking out all the cd's but we all stayed true to our vinyl. Fast forward to today, and cd's have quickly been replaced with digital files on our devices.  I still have all of my records, and have even added to them in recent years. One of my favorite cassette tapes I had back in the day was Bob Dylan's Freewheelin' Bob Dylan! I decided to purchase the album one day when I spied it on the shelf. I am not sure I want to listen to every band I like on vinyl, as it seems a rare treat saved for very specific bands.

Yesterday while I was cleaning up in my art room, I turned on my record player and listened to some Dylan. My picture was born. Tracie West commented that I had a theme going since my last two pictures were black and white, but it really hasn't been intentional, it's just the way it has worked out.  This week I included both the colored one and the black and white.  I think the black and white is the one I would choose.  I think it just works well for certain photos, and each week so far I have liked the black and white one better.  Maybe I shouldn't even try one in black and white, and then I won't know because I do love colored photos.  What do you think? 

Be sure and check out what Tracie West has captured!  I am going to guess that her photo may have been taken in the garden.  A little birdie told me she was spending the day doing that.  I am so looking forward to her garden photos!  I do not have a garden except what I can put out on my deck, but I will be helping my daughter put hers in, so I hope to capture a few myself.  We are going to start an Instagram account for our weekly photos, so keep a look out for that! 




I think it's important for people who love music to retain physical CDs or even vinyl, because it sounds so great and so much warmer than music over the internet. 
~Norah Jones




Comments

Popular Posts