day 15 ~ message

words. messages. 
keep your eye out. 
seek out what you need to hear today. 
stumble on it. 
remind yourself.  
write it down.  
this was our assignment.  
it will all work out.
this is what i need to hear. 
be reminded of. it will all work out.  

This is not for any profound reason other than we are having guests over for Thanksgiving.  The parents of my daughters boyfriend.  I am a behind the scenes girl.  I love to create atmospheres for people to enjoy.  I don't love to be the actual host.  That totally freaks me out, I wish it wasn't so.  Last year our Thanksgiving did not go as planned, but it was just us, so we scrapped it, ate what we had and watched a movie, and it was fabulous.  First while I had food on the counter, I opened a cupboard and a dish fell out, hit the edge of another dish that was full of food, and busted into a lot of pieces.  One piece fell on my foot, cutting it. While this was taking place, I had bread in the oven, which burnt in all the excitement. To top it all off the BBQ'd turkey that we have been making for 15+ years started on fire, and was unsalvageable.  As horrible as that sounds, we found lots of humor in it.  However, can you imagine if we had guests over, people we don't know all that well.  Oh snap. I don't even want to go there. 

it will all work out.

I wonder what word or message Tracie needed to hear?


Do not be afraid of tomorrow, for God is already there. ~Author Unknown


Comments

  1. Anonymous24.11.14

    I'm not sure why, but this assignment was one of the more difficult ones for me. I love your attitude "it will all work out" I would be stressed to high heavens but with your attitude and gift to make others feel loved, accepted and cared for, your meal could be a total disaster again and it will all work out, and there will of course be laughter. I couldn't wait to see what you came up with. This is good and I sort of giggled thinking of your last years Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts